N.Y.C. Jeep Club Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Paid member meet sunday march 6 2016 at jacksons in commack LI. all info in the event section .

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need recommendations on upgrades  (Read 694 times)

JurassicJeep

• Forum Newbie
    • View Profile
Need recommendations on upgrades
« Reply #-1 on: June 09, 2016, 03:55:02 PM »

1) Need a shop or someone professional and knowledgable of jeep lift kits etc. Before i go hardcore wheeling I want to know what upgrades are needed or fixes needed; recommendations on specific items to purchase. I have a good mechanic but they're not very jeep savvy. For #2 just below, he suggest a new full kit for $3,500  :-X

2) Need a professional adviser because: when i turn the wheel i hear a clicking sound when its on 2wd. and when its on 4hi, forget about it, the jeep limps along and it seems like she's going over 3 feet high boulders. I'm almost certain something is going to break soon; there's way too many metal sounds coming from down there.

3) and she's slow. the engine is slow AF; going to watch a rally deep in PA proved frustrating as the rolling terrain was a struggle to climb on the highway. Speedworld offered a 13hp increase tune to the vehicle's computer for $350. Good idea? I was told the jeep's computer needs tuning when a kit and big tires are put on.

4)Recommendations on a place to do this (tune the computer)?

Got this 99 jeep cherokee XJ last April 2015 from a fellow lieutenant when i was at Fort LEE, VA. She came from the Ozark Mountains from a club called Ozark Off-Road Club.

Figured the best way to learn about jeeps was to buy one and learn along the way. So that's what im doing now. thx for anyone's help ahead of time!

(phew! thats a lot)

wb joe

• Forum Admin
  • Forum Member
  • Founder/President - Member #101
    • View Profile
Re: Need recommendations on upgrades
« on: June 14, 2016, 07:49:55 AM »

goonies garage is our club shop. you can find him on facebook. also if you havent joined our FB group page. do so
Pages: [1]   Go Up