N.Y.C. Jeep Club Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Paid member meet sunday march 6 2016 at jacksons in commack LI. all info in the event section .

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ground Clearance  (Read 324 times)

busyjeeper

• Forum Newbie
    • View Profile
Ground Clearance
« Reply #-1 on: December 27, 2017, 07:44:50 PM »

I am planning to purchase a Suspension Lift Kit on my 2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport. What brand can you recommend? I would like to add at least 4-inches of ground clearance on my Jeep.

MichaelRom

• Forum Admin
  • Forum Member
  • Club Vice President - Member #102
    • View Profile
Re: Ground Clearance
« on: December 27, 2017, 10:18:21 PM »

There are many good lift kits out there. Get on a Cherokee forum and see what there using. I  have a BDS  lift kit with the fox shocks upgrade and it's been good for a few years now
2011 jku rubicon, black

Cybergrunt

• Forum Admin
  • Forum Member
  • Club Secretary - Member #107
    • View Profile
Re: Ground Clearance
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 03:24:29 PM »

Like Mike said, research research research!  Tire size is going to give you the ground clearance.  If you have 225 or 235x75x15's you're looking just over 28" diameter.  If you go with 33" tires it's not giving you 5" additional clearance at the diff's but you're getting close.  Now before you buy a lift you have to decide whether you are willing to trim/cut into the fenders.  Once you figure that out now how much do you want to spend on a minimum of a 4 1/2" lift kit, inexpensive route Rough Country to more expensive BDS and Clayton and so on.  This is a quick Readers Digest version answer.   I can go into excruciating detail if you want to PM me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up