N.Y.C. Jeep Club Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ok guy's and gal's our membership application and due's for 2016 will be collected .you can down load print and fill out and bring to the next meet and greet's
If you will not be at the next meet and greet please PM me and i will give you my mailing address

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Going Big, Tire question  (Read 1138 times)

Ho3z

• Forum Newbie
    • View Profile
Going Big, Tire question
« Reply #-1 on: November 17, 2013, 06:51:38 PM »

I have the stock 255/75/17 on my 2dr 2012 right now.
Im upgrading to the goodyear duratrac, i want to go as big as my car will allow. i also have 2" wheel spacers on as well. dont know if that affects clearance but lettin ya know
my options are
315/70
265/70
285/70
245/75

i believe i can do the 265 with no problem, plz correct me if im wrong. naturally i want to go as big as possible so would you guys know if the 285 is too much?
annnddd is the 265 a significant size increase? or is to small an upgrade & should i wait invest in a lift and then get the 285.

ive tried to go to tire stores and they dont really enjoy grabbing me tire sizes just so i can see how they would look lol

BIG ROB

• The Enforcer
  • Forum Member
  • john 8:7 lev.24:20 psalm23:4
    • View Profile
Re: Going Big, Tire question
« on: November 18, 2013, 06:35:48 PM »

Stock height you can only but on 33s.  Wheel spacers are not good i hear, but stress on axles. Im selling my 33s if interested. Pm me.
HEMI  !!!!!!

MichaelRom

• Forum Admin
  • Forum Member
  • Club Vice President - Member #102
    • View Profile
Re: Going Big, Tire question
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 05:10:15 PM »

Yea get rid of the spacers and get offset rims. Rob has them look him up. There in good shape
2011 jku rubicon, black
Pages: [1]   Go Up