N.Y.C. Jeep Club Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Paid member meet sunday march 6 2016 at jacksons in commack LI. all info in the event section .

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 35in mud tire balancing  (Read 2820 times)

ramz28

• Forum Newbie
    • View Profile
35in mud tire balancing
« Reply #-1 on: December 14, 2013, 01:38:18 AM »

Hey everyone. Its been a while but I came for some advice. The jeep has finally started to fall apart. All joints are shattered and I haven't even gone off roading yet, I had the 35in procomp xtreme mt2 balance 3 times and each time they took about 28oz, weights were cleaned off and road forced, even rotated on the rim. It drove fine for a few months then I had death wobble and found the trackbar brackets ovald, I installed new brackets and trackbar bolts, drove fine again for a few months. Death wobble is back and I checked the front end, found  drag links, tie rods and ball joints are all shot. I have new stronger parts now but I don't want to install it if the tires are causing the shaking and tearing it all up. I'm thinking of using bb's but not sure of what else I can do. Its a daily driver and its starting to be really annoying and dangerous. Might go back to stock wheels and drive around very odd looking.  Thanks

vehicle is a
2010 4dr jk
3.25" rustys lift and adjustable trackbar
smitybuilt xrc fenders  and quarter
xrc 10 winch
src rear bumper
xrc rock guards
rugged ridge modular snorkel

BIG ROB

• The Enforcer
  • Forum Member
  • john 8:7 lev.24:20 psalm23:4
    • View Profile
Re: 35in mud tire balancing
« on: December 14, 2013, 05:57:48 AM »

Hey, i dont think tires can cause death wobble. I have jk  and i had death wobble. My two reasons is i needed alignment and my steering stablizer was jacked up. There are people that will tell you steering stablizer will not cause you death wobble. But in jk s it can .
HEMI  !!!!!!

MichaelRom

• Forum Admin
  • Forum Member
  • Club Vice President - Member #102
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 06:27:53 AM »

Did you upgrade your stabilizer shock. Your bushings could be all shot. It's not the tires
2011 jku rubicon, black

raptor 2764

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 09:13:36 AM »

i had a bad case of dw   not fun. my bet as mike said change the stablizer shock and the bushimg s that wer damaged .. chang ball joints ,they are fun to do ..do you need a shop to go too or you doing it yourself ?

brunkhorse

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 10:37:33 AM »

My bro was suffering from it also. New ball joints and u joints    and steering stabilizer cleared it up. And an alignment after it was all done. How long ago did you lift it and add the tires? Kinda weird all those components are shot already considering you don't wheel it. Though JK ball joints are notoriously weak.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 10:40:24 AM by brunkhorse »

brunkhorse

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 10:39:49 AM »

Here is a pic of his old vs new steering stabilizer. The bilstein one took too many rocks it barely had a few thousand miles on it. If you do decide to offroad look into relocating it to a safer position.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

HuLuD44

• NYCJ Club staff
  • Forum Member
  • NYCJC NOVA Rep - Member #106
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 06:17:11 PM »

Tires can most defiantly cause DW...  Unbalanced, bad wear patters, bubble all an start a shimmy going, mix that with some other bad components and bang, ur a shake box.   not surprised you had trouble balancing those tires.  Pro chumps are not good tires.  Start with the most important parts ie balls and hubs and work towards the lesser, CA bushings and stabilizer.  Hell, I dont run a stabilizer at all ahahah
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 06:18:22 PM by HuLuD44 »
3 link front, 4 link rear, Waggy44/ 8.8, 103" WB, 4:88, Atlas 4, 38" TSL SX

http://www.outlawedoffroad.com/showthread.php/635-HuLuD-s-Build-Thread-2000-Wrangler-Sport

bronco kev

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 07:51:22 PM »

Tires can most defiantly cause DW...  Unbalanced, bad wear patters, bubble all an start a shimmy going, mix that with some other bad components and bang, ur a shake box.   not surprised you had trouble balancing those tires.  Pro chumps are not good tires.  Start with the most important parts ie balls and hubs and work towards the lesser, CA bushings and stabilizer.  Hell, I dont run a stabilizer at all ahahah
  the ol shake box.......funny

NJJeeperNick

• Forum Member
  • JEEP-its in my blood
    • View Profile
    • MY OFFICIAL BUILD THREAD
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 10:49:42 PM »

Thing is, peoples description of DW sometimes lacks. You either hit a bump and the jeep shacks violently, or you go 65 and the jeep shaks. or bad tires and the steering wheel shakes and that it.
3" zone AAL,  IRO. LcA, IRO tracbar, ZJ tie rod, JKs quick discos, 235/70/16 destination ATs, FULLY swayless, Disc brakes all around, ruff stuff Dana 30 diff cover, and some other goodies

ramz28

• Forum Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2013, 12:56:50 AM »

Thanks for advice.  My dw is caused by hitting a bump and feeling a shake like its going to break.. My understanding of the steering stabilizer is for bump steer and the jeep should be fine without one. Mine is broken and that is part of what I'm replacing. I dint want to install all the new parts and have it break because of shirty tires. I regret getting those tires but I cant afford new ones now. I'm wondering if I do the dynabead balancing if it will help. They recommend 8oz and most guys Ive seen use around there but road force  said 28oz. So do I need to put that many oz as beads? Or becuase its inside and not mounted less weight is needed?

Also I will be doing all the work my elf. A shop that can balance tires would be nice if any1 can recommend any?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up