N.Y.C. Jeep Club Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Paid member meet sunday march 6 2016 at jacksons in commack LI. all info in the event section .

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to isolate the cause of an error...  (Read 131 times)

Dom

• Forum Newbie
    • View Profile
Trying to isolate the cause of an error...
« Reply #-1 on: June 23, 2018, 07:29:27 PM »

Good evening all. I hope that this post finds everyone well!

I am getting an error; C123C which is the dynamic yaw sensor. I have been to the dealership SIX times on this problem without resolution. So I am hoping that this is a problem that others have resolved successfully.

Some background info:

While parked on the street one evening, wheels turned out, a woman driving a Volvo was texting (she was honest with the police) and crashed into the front left wheel. What looked like a wheel alignment and front bumper turned into an $8000.00 repair job as Geico had EVERYTHING in the front replaced. The vehicle handles fine, the two new tires in the front have normal and even wear.

But now, it is 12,000 miles since it was repaired and I've begun getting this error code (C123C - Dynamic yaw Sensor).

At first, it was an occasional issue, but now it comes on regularly.

When the error happens:

It used to take a LOT to get the error to pop, but as miles have continued to pile on, it comes on easier and easier. I can tell you that it always comes on when I am steering to the right (coming around a bend) AND I hit a bump. And now, I don't have to hit a bump; I can be coming around a bend to the right and just go through a dip in the road which will trigger the error.

What's been done:

The Dynamic Yaw Sensor has been changed twice, the second time it was changed, it was changed along with the harness. In all, I've had two Dynamic sensors and TWO harnesses changed out. They also checked the harness in a spot that is prone to wear and sometimes shorts out to the chassis.

They also got Chrysler involved. They just don't know what the cause is.

What I've done

I am not a technical guy. When it comes to cars, In the words of the great ODDBALL from "Kelly's Heroes"; I ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work!

But I did some homework and found that the steering wheel was a bit off center, so, I centered it. I still get the error. Any chance it could be the speed sensor on the tire? I don't know.

But I am determined to get this issue resolved.

has anyone else lived through my scenario and figured out the problem?

Thank you in advance.

Dom

2012 Wrangler Rubicon
Pages: [1]   Go Up