N.Y.C. Jeep Club Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ok guy's and gal's our membership application and due's for 2016 will be collected .you can down load print and fill out and bring to the next meet and greet's
If you will not be at the next meet and greet please PM me and i will give you my mailing address

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greasing zipper  (Read 984 times)

BIG ROB

• The Enforcer
  • Forum Member
  • john 8:7 lev.24:20 psalm23:4
    • View Profile
Greasing zipper
« Reply #-1 on: June 14, 2012, 09:40:21 AM »

Zipper on soft top hard to get off after winter. Can or should i grease or wd40  zippers so i can get on or off faster. What do u guys think
HEMI  !!!!!!

brunkhorse

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: Greasing zipper
« on: June 14, 2012, 10:48:12 AM »

Definitely don't use the wd-40 it will probably stain and ruin the sail cloth.  Go to a sporting goods store and buy zipper grease or zip ease.  It should be in the tent repair/maintanence section. It's a stick that's a cross between a candle and chapstick.  It's a very soft wax and you just rub it on the zipper teeth and you should be good.  If you want to get real anal about it clean the zippers with a toothbrush and soap and water first before you put on the zip ease.  Dirt from wheeling will give your zipper a hard time pretty quick.

Almost forgot here is a link of what you should be looking for:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zipper-Ease-Zipper-Lube-Smooth-it-out-wax-oil-grease-/130556658900?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e65c884d4

BIG ROB

• The Enforcer
  • Forum Member
  • john 8:7 lev.24:20 psalm23:4
    • View Profile
Re: Greasing zipper
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 01:04:20 PM »

Kool tk u ;D
HEMI  !!!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up