N.Y.C. Jeep Club Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ok guy's and gal's our membership application and due's for 2016 will be collected .you can down load print and fill out and bring to the next meet and greet's
If you will not be at the next meet and greet please PM me and i will give you my mailing address

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Tick of death  (Read 1840 times)

GuRRRaNiMaL

• Forum Member
  • You just gotta close your eyes, and hit the gas
    • View Profile
Tick of death
« Reply #-1 on: December 07, 2012, 08:02:40 PM »

So I started getting the tick in the driver side from the infamous cylinder head misfire. Not throwing any codes yet, so dealer said they couldnt fix it till then according to STAR policy. But since the ticking has started, my mpg has WENT TO SHIT. I went from around 15 city, 20 highway, to about 9 city, 15 highway. Yes, all from that one cylinder misfire. Im at 5,100 miles, so its just a waiting game now to see when the code throws... Fuckin Pentastar.... :(
2012 JKU Altitude
3.5 Metal Cloak Lift; 35inch Toyo Open Country tires; XD misfit wheels; PIAA spot lights; Delta bumper light bar; Uniden 520XL CB; 3' firestik, Alloy USA 1 ton ball joints

NJJeeperNick

• Forum Member
  • JEEP-its in my blood
    • View Profile
    • MY OFFICIAL BUILD THREAD
Re: Tick of death
« on: December 07, 2012, 08:11:25 PM »

So I started getting the tick in the driver side from the infamous cylinder head misfire. Not throwing any codes yet, so dealer said they couldnt fix it till then according to STAR policy. But since the ticking has started, my mpg has WENT TO SHIT. I went from around 15 city, 20 highway, to about 9 city, 15 highway. Yes, all from that one cylinder misfire. Im at 5,100 miles, so its just a waiting game now to see when the code throws... Fuckin Pentastar.... :(

Wow that's bullshit. I love how they stand behind their products
3" zone AAL,  IRO. LcA, IRO tracbar, ZJ tie rod, JKs quick discos, 235/70/16 destination ATs, FULLY swayless, Disc brakes all around, ruff stuff Dana 30 diff cover, and some other goodies

wb joe

• Forum Admin
  • Forum Member
  • Founder/President - Member #101
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 08:28:14 PM »

sometimes the PCM just needs to be reprogramed.it changes the fuel mix.could be a spark knock from the fuel
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 08:29:23 PM by wb joe »

GuRRRaNiMaL

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 08:36:25 PM »

sometimes the PCM just needs to be reprogramed.it changes the fuel mix.could be a spark knock from the fuel

Thats actually what I thought at first, but this is a VERY common issue with this engine, just not enough for STAR to run a recall.
2012 JKU Altitude
3.5 Metal Cloak Lift; 35inch Toyo Open Country tires; XD misfit wheels; PIAA spot lights; Delta bumper light bar; Uniden 520XL CB; 3' firestik, Alloy USA 1 ton ball joints

MichaelRom

• Forum Admin
  • Forum Member
  • Club Vice President - Member #102
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 05:59:50 AM »

Your going to star crysler. I'm waiting over 2 months for a seat cover.  I didn't buy my truck from them but I'm bringing it to them for service and so far it sucks. There trying to tell me that the seat style has changed  and takes awhile to get. BULLSHIT! I think ill make a phone call to the better business bureau.  I did that to Verizon for an issue I had with them and got phonecalls and the problem solved in the same day
2011 jku rubicon, black

drivingfool

• Forum Member
  • Word
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 02:48:42 PM »

your jeep must have been built on a monday or a friday. 

MichaelRom

• Forum Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 08:16:52 PM »

LOL special edition. I think they had to kill the cow, skin it, dye it and then make it into my seat
2011 jku rubicon, black

GuRRRaNiMaL

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 08:31:03 PM »

Your going to star crysler. I'm waiting over 2 months for a seat cover.  I didn't buy my truck from them but I'm bringing it to them for service and so far it sucks. There trying to tell me that the seat style has changed  and takes awhile to get. BULLSHIT! I think ill make a phone call to the better business bureau.  I did that to Verizon for an issue I had with them and got phonecalls and the problem solved in the same day

Call Crysler services, once u call them, shit moves fast. I had a problem with my speaker that the dealer tried to play off as "its probably your bass being too high", then he said "drive for a while and see how it goes"... So I called them and while I was on the phone with them, they put me on hold, called the dealer, and shit got done real quick. They had the speaker waiting for me when I went back 3 days later. BUT, with this engine issue, they are saying the MIL light is required.. I felt like asking if there were any REAL TECHS back there or did they just rely on a computer to tell them how to do their jobs.
2012 JKU Altitude

wb joe

• Forum Admin
  • Forum Member
  • Founder/President - Member #101
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 01:18:27 AM »

i told mike to do that like over a month ago

MichaelRom

• Forum Admin
  • Forum Member