N.Y.C. Jeep Club Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ok guy's and gal's our membership application and due's for 2016 will be collected .you can down load print and fill out and bring to the next meet and greet's
If you will not be at the next meet and greet please PM me and i will give you my mailing address

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing front  (Read 2364 times)

Ghostchaser

• Forum Newbie
    • View Profile
Changing front
« Reply #-1 on: December 20, 2012, 12:26:32 AM »

I thinking of changing my grill on my YJ before the YJ folks kill me. I have been told that I can use the grill from a CJ7. That it fits right in without having to change the hood. Has anyone done this or knows if it can really be done. He also said I could use the TJ's grill but I would also have to change the hood.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 06:49:25 AM by Ghostchaser »
Ghostchaser

wb joe

• Forum Admin
  • Forum Member
  • Founder/President - Member #101
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a Welder
« on: December 20, 2012, 07:59:17 AM »

you got pic's of what needs to be done

Lovin-Mud

• Forum Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 06:52:09 PM »

I have a good welder for you he's in (Jamaica Queens) His name is Macgyver. Anything TIG,JIG, Stainless, steel, Aluminum anything this guy can weld it on the spot. 646-633-2215

Ghostchaser

• Forum Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 12:24:21 AM »

The rear end of the YJ is rotted. I was looking to get the rear section replaced.
This Monday I dropped the YJ off at 'The 4x4 Place' In Lake Hopatcong, NJ. Spoke with the owner today. He will cut a frame he has and used it. Also will replace steering knuckles, add a center skid plate and replace skid plate around fuel tank. Hopefully I won't be without the Jeep too long. Will post pics as soon as I get them.
Ghostchaser

wb joe

• Forum Admin
  • Forum Member
  • Founder/President - Member #101
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 07:19:00 AM »

nice  ;)

raptor 2764

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 04:22:00 PM »

best of luck , don't rush him take the time to let him do a good job

Ghostchaser

• Forum Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 12:55:49 AM »

I spoke with Mr. Nadara about installing the Zone 2" Jeep YJ Suspension Lift,  Front and rear Zone Offroad leaf springs. Front and rear yellow zinc plated U-bolts. Front brake line relocation brackets. Urethane spring bushings. Leaf spring shims & center pins and front and rear Zone shocks.  Will get another estimate today I just hope it doesn't drain my savings.
Ghostchaser

Ghostchaser

• Forum Newbie
    • View Profile
Changing front
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 08:23:36 PM »

Another weekend and still no YJ I spoke with the shop on Saturday. The owner said a few things have come up but that he's looking towards finishing up this coming week. He said I would get a final estimate possibly Monday. I did not press it since I hoping it did not go pass $300. Man I getting ulcers thinking about it. Get a good running YJ and have no money to enjoy riding it.
Ghostchaser

bronco kev

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: Changing front
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 08:39:43 PM »

Another weekend and still no YJ I spoke with the shop on Saturday. The owner said a few things have come up but that he's looking towards finishing up this coming week. He said I would get a final estimate possibly Monday. I did not press it since I hoping it did not go pass $300. Man I getting ulcers thinking about it. Get a good running YJ and have no money to enjoy riding it.
it's a drag,but that's the way it goes sometimes.it'll make you appreciate it that much more when you finally get it

Chuck

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: Changing front
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 09:33:18 PM »

NOOOOooooooOOOOooooooo! Don't change the grill. 😮
Real Jeeps Ride Rough (YJ)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up